Monday, January 25, 2010

It's Official

I signed up for my first half-marathon today. This ranks somewhere on a very fine line between the best and worst idea I have ever had. I definitely anticipate some excellent blog content to come from this experience. (And even though it is for Team in Training, an excellent cause, I'm pretty sure this is going to be content of the hilarious, I can't walk a straight line sober variety, and not of the I'm changing my life one mile at a time variety.)

For starters, today I learned what a 'singlet' is. Well, sort of. To fill out an application that basically needed no information beyond my name and address I had to send 5 different texts to my friend A, whose idea this all was in the first place. Apparently a singlet is some kind of half leotard you wear on race day. (Where I come from this is known as a tank top, but what do I know.) Apparently my large boobs to shrinking (seriously!) waist ratio plus my lack of any knowledge of anything about running equals, I'll probably be the one person on race day who doesn't have a singlet. Either that or it's going to be a fat guy in a little coat scene which will probably be equally as hilarious.

Wish me luck folks. Wish. Me. Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment