Tuesday, May 11, 2010

So Many Questions: Answered

Yesterday I attended a Gala at The Buffalo Club in association with The Western New York Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association. Myself, Mike McQueary (chugabeer), Bryan Scott, Paul Pozluszny, and Lydell Sargeant were all in the same room. Oh. My. God.

In case you didn't know, Penn State Football is everything. So, if you ever wondered what me in my glory looks like, it looks like what this night was. I mean, there was Creamery Ice Cream! There were cookies that looked like the chipmunk head, footballs, and the Penn State helmet! They made everyone stand up and sing the Alma Mater before dinner! (Was I one of the only people in the room who knew all the words without looking at the screen? Hell yes I was.) There were Penn State football players there.

It was everything.

All that being said, here was the highlight of the evening: After dinner there was a question and answer session with the players. The very last question asked was: "Now that you are a Buffalo Bill, how do you feel about your home town teams; the teams you grew up supporting?"

The answer from one of the players (who shall remain nameless) (insert winking emoticon here) was: "I grew up a diehard Steelers fan. But I love the Bills organization. I mean, they are the ones who cut the checks."

Literally, the last thing I heard at this Penn State bonanza.

This seriously answers so many of the questions I have about professional sports.

Is my life to die for or what?

2 comments: