Monday, May 3, 2010

At Least I Kind of Feel Like Myself Again

So it took a while to get back on this metaphorical horse. I had what I consider a quarter life crisis. One week ago the big 2-5 hit. Not being able to properly wrap my head around the state my life is in made me think it was not a good to be putting thoughts on the Internet. Pretty sure some things that may have gotten me committed would have come out on here. All that being said, I'm back! I'm old now, but I'm back!

OK, you can tell me all you want how 25 isn't that old but if you're not 25 yet, just wait, then tell me how you feel when you get here. If you're older than 25, you can laugh at me when I'm even older wishing I was still 25. For now, I'm going with 25 is super old. However, I am realizing I'm pretty much still just 12 years old in about a million ways.

My birthday party was at a bar (OLD). My mom was my ride home (NOT OLD). My friends bought me a birthday cake (REALLY NEITHER BUT FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT, OLD). That birthday cake had plastic rings shaped like giant flowers inserted in it that I wore all night (NOT OLD). I started purchasing products with words like 'Anti-Aging' in the title (OLD). I spent my Sunday watching *all* the extras on The Twilight Saga: New Moon DVD because Robert Pattison is like such a dreamboat and Taylor Lautner, well, abs (NOT OLD). (Also I realize Taylor Lautner is about 12 years old but if you're going to keep someone shirtless for that many minutes of a movie there's no way we're not all looking.)

This list could continue but I think you get the idea. The point is maybe 25 isn't that old. But really it is. This didn't really get us anywhere did it?

No comments:

Post a Comment