Thursday, July 8, 2010

Responsibility Occasionally Eludes Me

The CRV has been through a lot in the last few months. First, there was the garbage can incident. My very difficult to back out of driveway is even worse when there is 5 feet of snow piled on either side of it. Throw the garbage cans at the end of the driveway and you pretty much have about 3 feet of space to move your car through. Or, like me, you can use the whole driveway and just back right through the garbage cans, cracking the passenger side view mirror.

Then there was the headlight debacle. OK, not so much a debacle, just both my headlights died at the exact same time. If you can tell me what the odds of that are, I would be very interested to know.

Then there was the getting rear ended thing. That happened on the way to work one day. Actually, this wasn't really a big deal either. Just, you know, got rear ended. Luckily the CRV has that giant spare tire on the back which other cars simply bounce off of and they get jacked up. Not me. (Insert smiley face here.) (Maybe even the one with sunglasses?)

After that my tire got slashed. In Williamsville. I think this is ironic? Maybe just oxymoronic? I digress. Parked my car at a friend's, friend drove me out that night, got back into my car to go home, realize my car is making the strangest noise. I'm thinking, 'Wow, the engine in my car is totally going to explode and I'm going to suffer a tragic, fiery death.' Then as I got home I realized the only other that would make that noise (oh, because I know what an exploding car engine sounds like?) would be a flat tire. Sure enough, four holes right in the front of it. This actually ended up being a blessing in disguise as I apparently needed four new tires anyway.

So the point here is, CRV has been through alot lately. (Another point, I might be a terrible car owner?) But the greater point here: No matter what my car has been through lately it is definitely nothing, nothing, compared to whatever happened to the poor vehicle that took down the old Golden Gate sign. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment