Friday, March 26, 2010

Tales Of A Productive Day

Today was one of the most productive days I've had in a while. While I cannot explain why I got so much accomplished today, I did. Excellent.
  • Gave myself a manicure. So happy to have found 'You Don't Know Jacques!' in a store. God Bless Duane Reade.
  • Went to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Office to officially register for the marathon. Only I drove right past the office park because Google Maps told me it was next to the Red Lobster across the street. So I drove in circles around what was clearly just a Red Lobster parking lot, ignoring the office park right across the street (where something like the LLS office would obviously be) for a good 5 minutes. Finally realizing my error, I drove across the street, parked, and was then unable to let myself into the very public building. Seriously, could not open the door. Door said pull, I pulled, I swear it wouldn't budge. Actually had to call my friend who works at the LLS to let me in. Yes, I do have a college degree.
  • Went to the Verizon store because after updating the software on my Blackberry the icon that allowed me to lock the the keyboard disapeered. Just into thin air, gone. Being able to lock one's phone is crucial. Purse dialing the wrong person can lead to epic amounts of embarrasment. Epic. Turns out, all you have to do now is just push the mute button on the top of the phone. "It was part of the upgrade," the eye rolling, ever so superior Verizon employee said. Well, Verizon/RIM: perhaps if you included that information with the upgrade, I would know that. I've generally always thought mute button = phone muted, not phone locked. Am I wrong here? No.
  • Had a very successful trip to Wegman's, even bought my mom flowers. (I know Daughter of the Year Award, coming up.) (OK, yes, technically she was paying for the groceries so she kind of bought herself flowers but it's the thought that counts here people.) Then I got to the checkout counter. Whoever you are checkout lady, YOU HAVE A SERIOUS BAG WASTING PROBLEM! It took probably over 10 minutes for me to checkout with no more than 30 items because this woman put about 2 items in each bag. Literally. Two. Items. A Bag.
  • I then had a fantastic day at work and came home to cook Mom and I dinner. Potato-Thyme Tart? Absolutely fantastic. Cheddar Crusted Chicken? Burnt to high hell. Damn you industrial strength stove in way too small kitchen. Damn you. (Yes, it was the stove's fault, not user error.)
  • I've decided since I've resorted to self-diagnosing my 'sprained ankle' and since, you know, I'm like, an adult, I should probably get myself some health insurance. After some very serious research I found a plan I'd like to give a whirl. I tried to print the application tonight. It took 2 people, 20 minutes, 2 (of 4! What kind of home printer has 4 ink cartridges?) print cartridges, a pair of scissors, and a flashlight to get the document to finish printing.

So maybe today wasn't such a productive day? Or maybe it was just in a really stupid, roundabout, areyoukiddingme?, seriously?, and whyme? kind of way. Yeah. We'll go with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment