Saturday, February 20, 2010

Where Adults GoTo Play

I kid you not; that is the tag line for Lasertron in Buffalo. (If you think I'm trying to be funny, the website is here.) When I was a kid, the two times I ever went to Lasertron (Girlishness doesn't just happen suddenly, it's something you're born with. Like attached earlobes or the ability to make a hot dog shape with your tongue.) you just ran around, shooting each other with toy guns and then you would go outside, eat pizza, play video games, earn tickets, and use those tickets to get an awesome bouncy ball and an Airhead.

My, my how the times have changed.

OK, not really. Actually it's exactly the same. Except now, I'm 2 months shy of being 25. And Lasertron has a bar. A bar with $2 beers. Despite my extraordinary resistance to anything involving running around with a vest and attached lasergun, it's hard to pass up $2 beers. Especially because, come on, it's Lasertron. There's something entirely backwards (and hilarious) about me at the bar sucking down Blue Lights just to cope with the reality of my Friday night while a 13 year old is making a desperate stab at Dance Dance Revolution just to my left.

So yes, a group effort between .Net, The Goat, Da Kriski, Captain Solo, and El Nino got me into this mess. Let it be known I am an excellent defensive player (take that Captain Solo) and that the red team was born to win. Oh the tales of suburban adulthood....

1 comment:

  1. It seems in catching up on your blahgh i've just realized you trash talked me in lasertron. I'll see you next time... when i take you down.

    ReplyDelete