Sunday, December 6, 2009

Do You Have A Better Method for Choosing A Team to Cheer For?

Yesterday was a college football lovers dream. I wish the Big Ten had a championship as I can only imagine how excited I would be. I planted myself sqaure in front of the television for hours yesterday watching the Big East, SEC, and Big 12 championships. It was delightful. Georgie has the same affinity for college football as I so she spent her day in the exact way. We were both cheering for Pitt as it is my Dad's alma mater (brutal loss BTW, really blew it). In the Big 12 game I was cheering for Texas as, I have a strange affinity for Texas football. (Georgie (who was cheering for the upset) explains to me that I like Texas football because I liked Vince Young. She says these feelings have transferred to Jordan Shipley and my like for Texas football is based solely on the fact that I'm boy crazy. So, I'm glad that's cleared up...)

The difficulty in this house lied in who to cheer for in the 'de facto national champoinship' (De facto national championship! Game within the game for the Heisman race! You would have thought it was the freaking Superbowl) SEC game. There are a lot of very good reasons to dislike both Alabama and Florida. Taking this into consideration I was really just looking for a great football game. Georgie, she felt differently.

The Scene: The second floor of my house
The Players: Do you need to ask?

Mom: Who are you going to cheer for in this game?! I don't know what to do?!

Me: I just want to watch a really good football game but, if you really want to cheer for someone; who do you hate less Urban Meyer or Nick Saban?

Mom: Ewwwwww, I can't pick that's a terrible question.

Me: OK, well, how much do you hate Tim Tebow?

Mom: I hope it is exposed that he is serial killer.

Me: ...Welp, I guess you're cheering for Alabama then....

That is an exact quote folks. If that's not hate, then frankley I don't know what is. She didn't even miss a beat. Just, BAM, serial killer. Then, this morning this little gem happened:

Mom: Urban Meyer was hospiltalized for dehydration because he cried so much last night! Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Me: Wait, what?

Mom: OK, I made the crying part up but he was treated for dehydration. But, the crying thing makes sense doesn't it? Hahahahahahahaha!

Me: Wait, what?

It's safe to say you can prepare for this to be updated after the bowl selection show. I can only imagine what kind of commentary is going to come out of that situation. If something goes horribly (horribly) awry and Florida goes to the National Championship, I'm pretty sure someone will turn into a serial killer and I'm guessing it won't be Tebow.

1 comment:

  1. leave it to mrs. fahn to have a break out conspiracy theory about tebow. well done.

    ReplyDelete