Friday, January 29, 2010

Realizing How Damaging My 5th Year On The Planet Was...

Getting my haircut really makes me crazy. I will only get it done by my girl, at my salon, etc. (A parent induced, Supercut haircut at the age of 5 scarred me for life. This was the same year those same parents took me to Sea World and thrust my extreme fear of birds upon me. Thanks Mom and Dad!) So I got my hair cut the other day and, as usual, I now feel like I have been violated. Even the slightest bit being cut off makes me feel like the oxygen is being sucked out the room. (In case you're wondering, my hair is maybe a half an inch shorter. Maybe.)

(If you're wondering if I know that this makes me crazy; yes, I do. I've been well aware for years.)

So a half an inch and one new make-my-hair-less-frizzy product later and I was on my way. Turns out this product is awesome and does make my hair significantly less frizzy. Unfortunately this product is whack and sort of highlights my grey hairs which I did not get dyed this week because I thought I could make it to my next cut without a color.

So 2 things:

1. This is seriously what being a girl is like.
2. Invest in Sharpie's stock because I will be buying them out of black and brown markers to tide me over until my next cut and color. (Yes, this is seriously my solution to stray grey hair.)

(Yes I know this may also make me crazy but this is really one of those 'don't knock it 'til you try it' situations if you ask me.)

2 comments:

  1. Wait wait wait....you have gray hair?M y 25th bday is around the corner and I've already increased my stock in anti-eye wrinkle cream now I'm in tears bc my friends are getting greys...ps do you have my phone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have grey hair. That discovery, when I was more like 23 not 25, went something like this:

    Hairdresser: You are aware you have grey hairs right?

    Me: I'm sorry, I have what?

    That was all, but it was damaging.

    ReplyDelete