Saturday, January 23, 2010

Heisman!

The Scene: Libation Station

The Players: Kristen, Ken, and Lyles

Over a few pitchers, a conversation about football begins.

Lyles: If I had been a football player I probably would have been a corner. You know, tall and lanky.

Ken: We probably both would have been, we're like same body type. And we're pretty quick, athletic.

Me: What would I have been?

Lyles: Oh you? You would be a D-Lineman. You got that size behind you. Wait...

Now, this was clearly meant with no harm or bad feelings. This is one of my best friends, has been for years, will be for years. By no means was he calling me fat or large, he was just stating a fact. If there was a woman's football league out there, I'd clearly be an outside linebacker. So, new career goal: set. Suddenly, my Halloween costume is making so much more sense.
I'm not even sure this is that good of a story, but the thought of me being a defensive lineman makes me laugh out loud everytime I picture it.

No comments:

Post a Comment