Wednesday, April 29, 2009

If You Don't Aspire to Be These Women, You Are Nuts

The Real Housewives of New York are what I dream of becoming. They are a brillant mix of fabulous and completely insane. If I could be that self-involved and get away with it, I totally would. Seriously. What's so wrong about not just thinking but knowing how much better you are than everyone else?

Last night's episode taught us a few things.

  1. Ramona officially admitted to having plastic surgery. Sort of. But there wasn't any actual cutting. OK I don't really know what she admitted to but I know that her eyes are definitely like that for a reason. And that reason is Botox.

  2. LuAnn gets more boring by the minute. Either more boring or more condescending. It tends to switch by the week. This week I think it was boring with the "I have to go 'downtown' with the girls" faux-tine. Which week was it when she called the little girl fat? That would have been a condescending week.

  3. Alex (or Silex depending on whether you subscribe to the theory that Simon is the seventh housewife. Personally, I subscribe to theory that he's really the sixth thus making Kelly, who only came along this season the seventh but, I digress) has a new house! Finally they and their children no longer live in a home that is literally falling apart. While this home now looks like some kind of cabaret at least it has floors. And walls. And no exposed wires.

  4. Jill is the Yenta I've always wanted. I'm not sure she has ever done anything to really piss me off. Her gay husband Brad, his skill with pillows, and his awesome blazers do not hurt her case either. Last night particularly, she flawlessly helped Simon with that GE Monogram appliance product placement. Even though we are well aware she has something Viking-esque in her kitchen.

  5. Bethenny, Bethenny, Bethenny. Your wit and one liners are what I really wish I had. Or your writers. Whatever it is, I want it. Watching you aruge with people dumber than you are makes me giggle with delight. It gives me ammunition to put in my pocket for future use against mortal enemies. Whoever you may be, get ready, I will be armed and I will be fabulous. (Was that the title of a Jessica Simpson straight to DVD movie? Umm....)

  6. Kelly Killeron Bensimon. You may very well be the dumbest person I have ever watched on television. You are not only stupid but you are also so self-involved that I will refuse to dedicate anymore words to you as I am afraid what they might do to your ego. Except, being once married to someone famous does not, in fact, make you famous. Especially now that you are no longer together. Oh, and may God have mercy on your soul.

OK so the original 5 of these women pretty much make up the most fantastic show on television. Yes the ladies of Orange County started it but I still don't think it gets better than the ladies of New York. That is until me and my boobies go to New Jersey. Which could be better, but I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment