Monday, November 9, 2009

Drinking a glass of wine is relaxing. Right?

It takes the following things to open and consume a bottle of wine in my house. And by bottle I of course mean I'm only consuming a glass. Or two. Anyway:
  • Set of Keys
  • Spreadsheet
  • A College Degree (Some kind of Doctorate might be helpful but I'll never know.)
  • Google (This of course means you need a computer and a working Internet connection. Sometimes getting the Internet to work in this house requires an act of Congress.)
  • Corkscrew
  • Large Knife (A cutting board can be helpful so you don't chop up the kitchen counter.)
  • Scissors
  • Pliers
  • One of those rubber things used to open jars (Do those have a technical name?)
  • Decanter
  • Funnel
  • #4 Coffee Filter
  • Coaster (And by coaster I of course mean a coaster that is made specifically for bottles or decanters of wine. No regular coasters will do in this house.)
  • Plastic Wrap
  • Hair Tie (Rubber bands will also work but hair accessories seem to be easier to find.)

I would explain why all of these things are necessary but frankly, I think that list tells you everything you need to know. The picture is of the finished product. I should have just stuck with Georgie's plan and learned to love Franzia.

My dad would be so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment