Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Really Wish I Had Thought About Live Blogging the CMA's

Because they are AWESOME. So many noteworthy things have happened in just the first hour and a half I can't even handle all the excitement. (Anyone who thinks I'm joking or being sarcastic, wrong again.) In case you don't believe me, my mom is pretty much the biggest country music hater of all time and in the 20 minutes I made her watch she had quite a bit to say. (Admittedly what she said is not necessarily kind but kind and noteworthy are two completely different things.)
  1. "Why do all men in country music wear cowboy hats? Do they all share some kind hair problem the rest of us don't?"
  2. "Who invited Charles Manson to the show?"

That second comment is in reference to Jamey Johnson. If you try to Google a picture of him right now this commentary might seem a bit extreme. I would recommend searching tomorrow for something like 'Jamey Johnson CMAs' because if you see what he looked like this evening you will realize how much sense she's actually making.

In other news, I don't really understand why everyone is wearing bodysuits these days. (See: Lady Gaga and Beyonce. Click on that Beyonce link as it only furthers my case. Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg are there too. In the same outfits.) What's so wrong with pants? I love a good pair of jeans. Doesn't everyone else?

Then I was watching this awards show and saw Carrie Underwood. If I had her legs I would give up pants. For good.

Update: I actually cried when Taylor Swift won Entertainer of the Year. Something is clearly wrong with me. Clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment