Monday, May 11, 2009

Sometimes Travel is NOT So Cool.

My trip to San Francisco starts with a flight at 6:20am from Buffalo to Dulles. Dulles as in D.C. not Dallas as in Texas. I specify only because I've found it helps a lot. People always think you're talking about Dallas. Dulles never occurs to anyone. This trip involved but was not limited to the women directly behind me throwing up into multiple vomit bags. Like had to ask for extra bags as the ones in the seat back pockets in front of her and her husband were not enough. Once on the ground, said vomiter put all her paper vom bags into a plastic garbage bag which was then collected by the flight attendant only to have the woman's husband call the flight attendant back to ask for the plastic bag back as "her eyeglasses might be in it." They weren't. They were on the floor.

After that came a generally peaceful flight from Dulles to San Francisco after which I was 100% sure my bag my was lost. Everyone from my flight got their bag but me and the flight number disappeared from the very informative screen near Baggage Claim Area 1. So as I'm waiting in line at the Baggage Service area (cursing myself for wearing sweatpants as I was on my way to an afternoon of business meetings) there it comes slowly spinning around the carousel. That beautiful Vera duffel bag. God bless you.

An afternoon of meetings led to a sales team dinner. I got put in charge of driving a rental car. Admittedly, I am a slave to my GPS. Being that I didn't think I would be driving a car while out for business, said GPS did not make the trip with me. Which led to driving across what may be the world's longest bridge. Which took us to a completely different town. We then had to drive back over the bridge to get where we were trying to go. Which involved paying a toll. Did I mention the restaurant was pretty much within walking distance from the office? Not cool at all.

So really this is not that great of a story but some things must be talked about. Like vomiting on planes. And hour long trips to restaurants that are literally five minutes from your jump off point. You know, the important stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment