Tuesday, May 5, 2009

There's No Way This Happens To Other People

So in honor of it being Tuesday this would normally be a frothy, delicious Gossip Girl update. But due to extrenuating circumstances this is going to be a little different. OK, real quick because I can't resist. Chuck Bass taught us about Ponzi schemes and broke mine and Blair's hearts, Nate stood around like an idiot for 42 minutes, and Serena elevated the meaning of dumb blonde to new heights. No offense to all the blondes out there, I know there are plenty of highly intellignet ones but seriously, what is the matter with that girl? All in all a great episode to lead us into the finale. Also, God Bless Daily Intel for bringing the word lacrosstitute into the conversation. Or at least into my conversations.

But on to the real story.

The Scene: Suburban Station, Philadelphia, PA

The Players: Me, A fairly large group of people trying to get on a train, An ananoymous Septa worker, An R7 train

As I am following a line of people walking off the train, minding my business, I somehow get stuck in the door of the train. The person in front of me walked out just fine but as I am exiting the door begins to close and those suckers do not joke around when they are closing. The door hit me squarely in the arm leaving my back half and the backpack on my back in the train and one foot and my front half on the platform. I am inappropriately and uncontrollably laughing at this point and also trying to push the door open but seriously, those doors are not kidding around when they are trying to close. As I am standing there literally stuck:

Little Old Woman: Wow. You're really actually stuck in there. She's stuck in the door.

Me: Sure am.

At this point a Septa employee notices that there is a crowd gathering at the door where people should be boarding a train. Said Septa employee then notices me stuck in the door completely paralyzed and thusly comes running over to push the door open for me. But the door doesn't just push open so it's more him using every ounce of strength to try to pry the door out of my arm and me trying to wiggle out. Eventually I did work my way out.

Me: Thank you!

Septa Employee: OK, he didn't actually say anything he just stood there with an incredulous look on his face.

I then tried to walk off through the station like that didn't actually just happen but it did, so then I was the girl walking through Suburban Station laughing out loud. At myself. And if I could have had someone take a picture of this just so it was documented I totally would have but I wasn't really in the situation to be pulling out my Nikon to dedicate the moment.

Also, on an escalator yesterday in 30th Street Station I almost had to catch a nun to keep her from tumbling down the moving stairs. I don't think she had ever used an escalator before. I also had to stop myself from trampling her when she was unable to get off said escalator. I would have had to sacrifice a 6 piece chicken nugget meal for this and I wouldn't have been happy. Luckily she never actually fell she just came damn close. Just the getting stuck in the train door thing. So that's good. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment