Sunday, May 3, 2009

This Love/Hate Relationship is Really Leaning Toward Hate

Sunday night has always been one of my favorite nights. Even though it means Monday is imminent there is always fabulous television to be watching. However, I'm starting to realize that I'm either watching not so good (read: awful) television or my standards are ridiculously high. I'm guessing it is probably a healthy mix of both. Probably more of the latter. Whatever.

Desperate Housewives: You desperately (pun intended) need to wrap up this Dave storyline. I know, I know; every season you have a mystery that runs from season open to season finale but we know that Edie just died like a minute ago so clearly he's not going to killing Susan. He's going to get caught for starting the fire, killing his shrink, etc. And then what? Then all we have is no more Edie and another gathering of neighbors watching cops and ambulances, (ambuli? What's the plural here?) gossiping, and acting like they are cold. (Please see the Dane Cook Retaliation show in which he was "In his kitchen cleaning a dish so he came out!)

Also, when did Jackson become Canadian? Was there evidence of this before he was forced on hiatus or are we grappling for plot points here? Also if she confessed her love for you would you even bother telling the woman you were marrying her for citizenship? Wouldn't avoiding it, mean you steer clear of not only some awkwardness but also the chances of her saying no, as well as create more stories later when they are married and she finds out why he really proposed? These seems like Storyline Writing 101 to me.

On the plus side (since I really am being Negative Nelly here) Gaby, I love you and your vanity. She is the reason I should never have children. If I'm going to some ball where my husband is being honored, I'm wearing makeup. How else am I supposed to be socially acceptable? And not scare small children and full grown men alike? I don't care what lesson my daughter needs to learn, I'll find another way to teach it to her. Yes, this is shallow. But I'm not this shallow about everything. I don't think.

This one isn't to all of Brothers & Sisters but mostly just to Calista Flockhart: If you have a role where you get to be married to Rob Lowe, you have it written into your contract that no matter what you will never break up with him. You will never have a trial separation, you will never fall in love with some dude from the park. You will have it written into your contract that you guys will make out all the time. Also you will be gazing into his eyes as much as you can. You never, ever agree to a storyline where you are ending it with Rob Lowe. That is just crazy. And incredibly stupid.

3 comments:

  1. I am in love with Rob Lowe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are going to have to explain this whole Rob Lowe thing to me. The best thing he ever did was Tommy Boy. Done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, like I said, gaze into his eyes for a moment. It's a dreamboat pretty much smacking you in the face.

    ReplyDelete