Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Am I the Only One Who LOVED Analogies on the SATs?

Analogies. One of life's simpler pleasures. Also, a very simple way to break down not only last night's episode of The Real Housewives of New York City but really, the whole season. The following analogies work on a few levels. One, as a breakdown of the dichotemy of Manhattan society and two, as a simple way of explaining these crazies to your boyfriend.

Let it be noted that the 'We' here is me and people of my class and/or position in New York society. (Incase that's unclear, I lived in Harlem in a studio apartment. On a $25,000 a year salary. I ate nothing but Chicken of the Sea. Let it be noted however: Best. Closet. Ever.) The 'They' in these scenarios are the lovely ladies who star in this show and people within the circle they run. (Incase that is unclear, LuAnn only goes out below 14th St. with her 20 something niece. And gets scared of the sex toys. What is that? Isn't that the point of below 14th St?) So, with all that noted, last night my boo (yeah, I said it) was trying to figure out...well I think he was just trying to figure out what the eff these ladies are up to and I perfectly explained it all with what comes next.

Are you serious? They don't just hop on the subway.

We take the subway like they take cabs.

Oh, and we take cabs like they take town cars.

Me and my brains will be patting ourselves on the back for the remainder of the evening. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment